Quantcast

[Dbworld] SSN 2013: Call for papers

Abrouk Lylia

    International Workshop on Semantic Social Network (SSN 2013)
             http://le2i.cnrs.fr/ssn
                   July 8, 2013
                Aalborg, Denmark

to be held in conjunction with the 13th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2013)

 Description and Objectives
---------------------------
During the last decade, the basic Internet has turned into a generic exchange platform, where any user has become a content provider by using spreading technologies like comments, blogs and wikis. This
collaborative Web hosts successful sites like Myspace, Facebook or Flickr, that allow to build social networks based on professional  relationship, interests, etc. The main aspect of this new Web is its
social networks (social relationships), which connect friends, even geographically distant.

Several works are devoted to the identification of user communities or the enhancement of recommendations systems. Semantic-based community is a new step in the conceptualization of communities. In this workshop, we want to bring together researchers
from three relevant domains: Semantic Web, Collaborative Web and Social network analysis. We target researchers from both industry and academia to discuss this new area. We intend to consider the recent and significant developments in the use of semantic techniques in social Web
applications.

Topics
-------

The workshop addresses researchers and practitioners in the fields of
semantic Web, social network and community detection.  The topics of
interest of the workshop include, but are not limited to:

    Community detection
    Evolution of communities
    Semantic Social systems
    Social network analysis
    Role identification  in social network
    Mobile social network
    User profile based on semantic techniques

Paper Submission
----------------

We invite the submission of
- full papers (5-8 pages),
- discussion papers and experimental contributions (2-4 pages),
- demo descriptions (1-3 pages), and
- poster abstracts (1-2 pages).

Papers should be formatted according the Springer LNCS format

Important Dates
- Workshop papers submission deadline: April 30, 2013
- Notification of Workshop papers acceptance: June 7, 2013
- Workshop papers camera-ready version: June 25, 2013
- Workshop dates: July 8, 2013

Organizers